Thursday, February 11, 2010

Here is the introduction to one of my latest books, Life, Lies, and Sex: a Manual for Living, which will be available in e-book format at the end of this year.


This book is intended as a study of the flow of energy in this Universe, with a view to examining how we as human beings can most comfortably fit into that flow. I was inspired to write because I see so much misunderstanding about the nature of reality, and so few people who are really making sense, while more and more people are searching for what does make sense. Sometimes when I hear or read things said by people who are well-respected teachers, I want to cringe. No wonder so many of us ordinary folks are confused, when our so-called teachers are spouting garbage. And then there are people like James Ray, who are killing us.
There is a tendency to believe that if teachings are really ancient, then they are always profound. We think that they will reflect a depth that is often missing in our modern world. Sometimes that’s true and sometimes it’s not. The teachings that some spiritual leaders are offering just aren’t relevant to this culture any more. They were learned and developed thousands or at least hundreds of years ago, for very different cultures and civilizations. In the West, human life has changed radically in the last fifty to two hundred years. Most of us have moved out of survival mode, and we easily grasp concepts that were impossible for people back then. We are ready for something new and exciting. We’re ready to move on to a completely new way of being in the world. Some of us are chomping at the bit.
How come I think I know any better than other people? Well, perhaps I don’t. Sometimes I’m certain I know nothing at all.
I’ve told the story of how I got this information in the last chapter. In the end, I can sum up my method in a few words: I allow the knowledge to come to me, with some prodding from AMAG (beings in spirit form who speak through Dayana Jon); and I spend a lot of time alone in Nature. If you are reading this book, the chances are high that you can also allow this knowledge to come to you. Some of you will have the same reaction as I did when I got the information I’ve written about: Oh! Now I get it! I know that some of the people who are reading this book will just think I am spouting garbage. That’s life on Planet Earth. A huge diversity of being is represented here, which is a wonderful thing.

No comments: